Well this bites. I’m still experiencing the ache in my left foot, alongside the instep. Now through much digging around on the Interwebs, I have narrowed down what it is that is injured; it’s my Posterior Tibial Tendon. Usually this tendon, when stressed, will cause shin splints.
Symptoms may include:
- Pain and swelling near the arch of the foot and on the medial side of the ankle
- Pain that increases when standing on the ball of the foot or if the foot is flexed
- Pain that increases with activity
- Tiredness in the foot after little activity
- Pain that becomes more disabling
Tomorrow I have a doctor’s appointment, to find out how bad this is, and what treatment plan will need to be followed.